We know the importance of you and your family’s health and well-being. As a matter of fact, our benefits often exceed those offered by many other companies and are designed to keep you and your family healthy – physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially.
Impressive employee benefits include:
- Group Insurance and Pension
- Maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- 100% of the premiums associated with you and your dependents’ basic health benefits are paid by APTN
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Vacation / float / nine federal stat holidays and additional National Aboriginal Solidarity Day and Louis Riel Day
- Engaged workforce
- We offer competitive total compensation packages
- For those employees working in designated areas, we provide Northern allowance
- If you work in Iqaluit, we provide a housing allowance
Training and Development
We strongly encourage and support your career development that will lead you to a professional status within the broadcasting industry. We take training and development seriously and with that we have proven positive results. We consider ourselves “incubators” of Aboriginal talent. A few examples include:
- A second year broadcasting student from Confederation College in Thunder Bay, Ontario, requested a work placement at APTN. He was willing to come to Winnipeg, Manitoba, for this opportunity. We granted his request and he did a work placement with us. We were so impressed with his work that we hired him as a summer student. After a successful stint as a summer student in our News & Current Affairs department we hired him on a permanent basis as a Reporter / Correspondent and relocated him to Iqaluit, Nunavut.
APTN supports and promotes employee career development, including:
- Subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation
- Career planning services,
- Formal mentoring
- In-house training
- External training & professional association activities
Our priority is committing to employee personal and professional growth. We make it happen by investing in their professional training and development.
We are committed to acknowledging you for your efforts and accomplishments made in support of business goals and objectives. Recognizing your accomplishments contributes to a supportive work environment and supports the attraction and retention of our workforce.
Our Long Service Awards Program recognizes employees who have reached service milestones. A long service award is given to employees starting at 5 years up to a maximum of 25 years. It is an award that recognizes continuous years of service with APTN. 5 – 10 – 15 Awards
As an example of supporting Aboriginal culture, our 10 year gift is a traditional Star Blanket whereby the employee chooses his/her personal colours that are distinct to them.